Welcome to the future home of Midwest Marbling
The mission of Midwest Marbling is to advance the art of marbling in the Midwest and beyond.
For questions please email us at
Sign up slots for Homewood Studios
Marbling at Homewood Studios will be the second weekend of each month. See below for information on what equipment will be available and expectations for participation. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out at
- October 14th & 15th
- November 11th & 12th
- December 9th & 10th
Information on Marbling at Homewood Studios
As many you know, we have found space to marble in 2023 at Homewood Studios in Minneapolis. I hope you're excited as I am – a new year means new possibilities and what better place to explore those new possibilities than with some like-minded individuals and a tray filled with carrageenan!
Some pertinent information on signing up below (more information can be found on the signup page):
- Marbling slots are on a first-come first-served basis.
- There are 6 slots per day – 6 on Saturday, 6 on Sunday, for a total of 12 slots.
- Each slot is $30, which includes 1 gallon of carrageenan – enough to fill a 16x20 tray.
- If you require additional size, please indicate as such in the signup
form. An extra gallon is $5.
- If you have the time and desire, you can sign up to make the carrageenan for the weekend on the Friday before and receive a $15 discount.
- Payment is expected prior to the weekend and signups close the Thursday before, to allow the carrageenan maker enough time to make it.
- Studio times are not fixed, but currently they are approximately
9am-5pm. Participants are expected to clean up, so please factor that in to your scheduling.
Participants are expected to bring:
- Paint (including holders, brushes, etc.)
- Eye droppers
While extra trays & combs are available, access to a specific tray or comb cannot be guaranteed. As such, you are encouraged to bring your own. Space is available if you would like to leave a tray at Homewood Studios for future use.
We want to keep this as flexible and as inviting as possible, so if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.